Getting A Visa Debit Card
A Visa Debit card is a convenient alternative to a credit card, especially if you have struggled with bad credit in the past.
A Visa Debit Card works like any other debit card by letting you pay for things with money that is already in your bank account. This can help prevent overspending on purchases you can’t actually afford because you must have the money in your bank account in order to make a purchase. The reason the Visa Debit Card has become more popular in recent years is because it offers an alternative to using credit for purchases and can be used to make purchases online and around the world. Traditional debit cards can’t be used to make online purchases or be used in foreign countries, which is why a Visa Debit Card is very useful. If you are travelling internationally, you can use your Visa Debit Card anywhere that Visa is accepted.
How You Can Use Visa Debit Cards
- Shop online from any retailer that accepts Visa
- Make purchases over the phone or by mail order
- Pay bills like cable, phone or insurance
- Book flights and other forms of transportation
- Pay for music, movie and book downloads
- When travelling internationally, at places like restaurants, retail stores, movie theatres, drug stores, gas stations, doctor’s offices and anywhere else that accepts Visa
Where Visa Debit Cards Are Available
Visa Debit cards are widely available at any branch of the following four national banks: (keep links in)
Generally, you need to be over the age of 18 to qualify for a Visa Debit Card. If you are under the age of 18, you will need to find someone to co-sign on the card for you.
If you have struggled with credit in the past and are unsure if you will be able to qualify for a Visa Debit Card, please contact us today for free debt counselling. Our team of bankruptcy trustees are uniquely qualified to provide credit counselling and debt help. We can provide you with the solutions you need so that you can move forward.